Who Are We?
The Child Care Bureau is an established, independent, foster care agency for children and young people.
Registered and approved by the Commission of Social Care Inspection (Ofsted from 1st April 2007) we have achieved the Investors in People Accreditation and are members of BAAF (British Association for Adoption & Fostering).
The Child Care Bureau is committed to improving the life chances for children and young people by offering many different types of foster care. (View our frequently asked questions to learn about the different types of foster care we offer.)
- We have high expectations of our carers and we look to develop their skills to ensure children fulfil their potential.
- We understand the importance of full support for our foster carers and for the children in their care. This is achieved through regular supervision and support visits to ensure everyone’s needs are met.
- We value effective communication and understand that children’s needs are best met through working closely with local authorities, our foster families and the birth families. In turn this stabilises children’s lives creating endless opportunities for them to succeed.
Our Core Values
Child Care Bureau Ltd is committed to a set of core values that are the cornerstone of our corporate philosophy. These values shape everything we do, from how we develop and market our services to how we nurture our employees, resulting in positive outcomes for all stakeholders.
We commit to these values to guide our decisions and our behaviours in the task of providing a high level of service to all of those involved with our organisation:
- Leadership and Inspiration - a company with an authoritative and confident approach to lead and the creativity to inspire others.
- Alignment and Accountability - we accept responsibility for our actions and make and support business decisions through experience and good judgement.
- Teamwork - our team is supportive of each other’s efforts, loyal to one another, and care for each other both personally and professionally.
- Balance - we are flexible, helping team members strike a healthy work life balance.
- Integrity - we act with honesty and integrity, not compromising the truth.
- Open Communication - all team members are encouraged to openly share their opinions and views.
- Empowerment - to empower our talented colleagues to take the initiative and do what is right by using three decision consideration criteria:
- Is this decision right for the child or young person concerned?
- Is this decision right for the foster carer?
- Is this decision right for the organisation?
If the answer to any of these criteria is No, then any areas of difficulty must be re-considered to reach a conclusion of Yes - if this cannot be achieved then the decision must be re-evaluated.
- Motivation - to celebrate success, recognising and rewarding the achievements of individuals and teams.
- Involved Employees - striving for a workplace where opportunity, openness, enthusiasm, diversity, teamwork, accountability and a sense of purpose combine to provide a rewarding professional experience that promotes fairness, dignity and respect for all employees.
- Confident Shareholders - managing all parts of our business in a manner that builds value into the investment of all Shareholders, confirming their confidence in participating in the ownership of this company.
- Responsible Citizenship - conducting our business with the highest standards of ethics, adherence to the law and ‘doing what is right’ - thereby forming a healthy and safe workplace.
These values allow us to:
- To operate our commercial interests with honesty and integrity, as part of a delicate balance that reflects the diversity of the needs of all stakeholders.
- To without question put the needs of all young people, even those who may not yet be a part of our organisation at the forefront of the organisations decision-making process.
- To enable foster carers to fully meet their potential as carers of children and young people by providing extensive training, professional support and carefully considered matching.
- To provide a high level of support to foster carers within the agency via appropriately trained professionals who also receive their own training and support to enable them to fulfil their potential both as individuals and as a member of the larger team.
Statement of Purpose
A Statement Of Purpose for Child Care Bureau Ltd is available to view/download via the PDF link below.
Statement Of Purpose for Child Care Bureau Ltd April 2012 Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF)
Ofsted do not allow the reproduction of its reports or parts thereof. Therefore, to view our latest report and report archive please click the link below. You will be taken to our registration page on the Ofsted website where you can access our reports in portable document format (PDF).